Thursday 4 September 2008

A new term...



So, I should probably start by saying 'Welcome!'. It's the start of a new academic year here in the UK, for Universities and Schools alike. With this in mind (and through browsing my reading list) I decided to start a blog on something which I, suprisingly, seem to know and care a lot about.
Secondly, an introduction.
I am currently in my second year of a BA in Education: Culture and Society. Before starting my studies, I worked within education for about four years; mainly as a support worker in various Learning Support Departments. This meant I sort of went about things in a backwards fashion- practice THEN theory. During my degree I have lost count of the number of 'If I knew then what I know now...' moments.

I feel strongly about inequalities within Education for both pupils and staff; but then, who doesn't? This is something I hope to will document about fairly reguarly.

No comments: